sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

hi I have a fiesta 1.6 tdci 2008 with no high fuel pump pressure

Customer Question

hi I have a fiesta 1.6 tdci 2008 with no high fuel pump pressure been advised with wire plug disconnected pump (defaults to full pressure) but still no pressure , replaced pump still no high
pressure the low pressure side of pump pulls fuel from tank and return ok......engine will run on brake cleaner.......?
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists.
If you have no fuel pressure and there is no air in the fuel supply given what you have done would suggest an injector fault. Given the high pressure in the fuel system the design of the injectors mean they are pressurised all the time but a fault in the injector means fuel can go on the return side.
You need to reconnect everything, make sure the system is bled and check the injector return rates when you crank the engine, if it is a failed injector then you're likely to see fuel in one return pipe and no fuel in the others.
The fact the engine runs on brake cleaner (not a good idea) confirms the fuel issue
Let me know if I can assist further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.