Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Hi hope you can help. I own a Ford Focus Zetec 2009. Yesterday

Customer Question

Hi hope you can help.
I own a Ford Focus Zetec 2009. Yesterday when I first got in my car I noticed that the outside temperature on central display just showed '---C' and the time and date were also blank.
I then turn the ignition and this did not start the radio as usual, instead the radio display also showed blank date --/--/-- and time --:--
All of last night through to today the central display has not automatically switched off and has stayed swtiched on, again just displaying blank time date and temp.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.

Hi there good afternoon to you

Ok the first thing to check and most probable cause is s loose multiplug at the fuse box
There is a fuse box /gem module located in the passengers footwell under the glove box
Can you have a look at the two thin multiplug on The bottom of the fuse box to ensure they are clipped right home as I have had issues over the years where by one of these plugs is just not fully home and was causing similar electrical issues with the vehicle
There is a green and a brown plug ensure these are right home incase this is caused by a loose connection at the Multiplug

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards in advance and have a nice day

Brian