sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

how to reboot 59 plate Mondeo to get rid of engine immobiliser

how to reboot 59 plate Mondeo to get rid of engine immobiliser (came on after battery went flat) thank you
have tried the "pressing brake and accelerator" while holding ignition for 15 secs ...
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following information clarifies things for you.
Pressing the throttle and brake won't disarm the engine immobiliser. Unfortunately in this situation there isn't that much you can do other than trying to disconnect and reconnect the vehicle battery. The problem is that as the battery runs low fault codes are stored in the vehicles modules as the low battery voltage is detected, if certain codes are stored the vehicle can class them as dangerous and leave the car immobilised until the codes are cleared.
As I said earlier there isn't much you can do as to clear certain codes requires Ford IDS or similar so requires garage attention.
There is also the possibility that there is a fault causing the immobiliser to remain active in which case the fault needs to be pinpointed and repaired.
I'm sorry this isn't the answer you'll have wanted but the immobiliser is a security device and is designed so it can't be by passed.
Let me know if I can advise any further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.