sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

The latest problem with my 58 plate Mondeo Titanium X with

The latest problem with my 58 plate Mondeo Titanium X with Convers+ is that the phone and Bluetooth settings have just disappeared! Worked fine with my iPhone up to now and then suddenly - no handsfee. The "PHONE" button on the console now acts as an audio "mute" button.
Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
This is due to the Bluetooth Voice Control (BVC) module shutting down, this can either be due to a permanent fault where the module has failed or it has shut down due to a voltage spike, it does this to protect it from damage.
If you know the audio code for the unit then remove the audio unit fuses for around 30 seconds then refit them, this will allow the module to reset.
If this doesn't solve the concern then the power and earth need checking to the BVC module and it these are OK then the module needs replacing. The module is located behind the glove box and this needs removing to access it.
Any replacement module will need programming to the car.
Unfortunately it's quite common for the module to fail on this module.
Let me know if I can advise further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.
sean, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Master Technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks Sean - the fuse removal and reboot did the trick. I even tried the the same idea with the adjacent F7 in the hope that it might cure my intermittent cruise control but that didn't work!

Cheers