Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hello my instrument cluster panel lights have stopped working.

Customer Question

hello my instrument cluster panel lights have stopped working. All my other lights on the dash are ok ie indicators, all lights when ignition is switched on initially.. all my external lights heads, dipped and fog work ok, mr radio is fine etc. This is a ford MondeoEF54EYZ and I have done 76000 miles. I have removed and checked all the fuses in the fuse box under glove compartment and also pressed in and checked for looseness all the other items on this board. I have checked all fuse in the aux fuse box in the engine compartment all ok except one(15amp) but put a new one (15amp) and it blew. so put a 30Amp in and panel lights did not come on but fuse was ok? I have now removed this 30 amp fuse and replaced with the broken one (it doesn't seem to do anything anyway?
Ron
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope I can offer you some assistance.
Is it just the instrument illumination that's not working? Do the heater controls light up as they should? Do the mileage and temperature LCD back lights work OK?
Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.