Robert
Robert, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a ford KA model car in Portugal aprox. 2006 which is

I have a ford KA model car in Portugal aprox. 2006 which is giving me problems
With soaking wet carpets every time I use the air con.What could be causing it??
Vic.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The most common cause or likely cause here seeing as this happens shortly after or during use of the A/C system is a blocked A/C drain hose..it possible the drain hose could be blocked internally and thus obviously this wont be seen until the problem you have turns up..normally to remedy that would to get some kind of regulated low

pressure compressed air into the the pipe end and blow it back..this ensures the pipe is cleared and thus let out the condensation/water from the evaporator inside the heater box..to confirm pull the carpet back away from the floor and access the pipe that way too just to check it out..aswell as ensure it isnt damaged or come away from the heater box itself..but as above if you can access the end of the pipe underneath as you have done already then see if you can blow it back through maybe with a hand/foot pump or if you have mityvac you can use that too or as above compressed air and see if that dislodges any possible blockage in that pipe..I do hope this helps..