Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a Y reg 2.0 ltr Ford Focus. When starting from cold

I have a Y reg 2.0 ltr Ford Focus. When starting from cold it is fine. Drive for about a mile and it starts to miss fire. The temperature needle starts to move as the engine miss fire begins. After a while it becomes undriveable. When cold it restarts and runs fine.
Help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

With this issue, you could have HT lead faults or other ignition related faults - but given you say the temp gauge rises - and you have this issue as it warms up ( and is ok when cold )...it sounds as though you may well have a cooling system issue - by way of head gasket issue etc - whereby as it drives, small amounts of coolant are getting into the cylinders - which then of course as you go on - this causes the spark plugs to misfire....

It does sound like you have this issue - I would suggest to have a local garage run whats called a "Dye test" - this only takes a couple of mins and will tell you either way for sure... then go from there as found. Let me know how you go..

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Replaced the HT leads, Spark plugs, and coil. Working OK now. Will test in days to come.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome Mick...

All the best - You know where I am if there is there is ever anything else..

Kind Rgds, MIKE