Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Hello, I have a 55 plate Mondeo and have managed to lose

I have a 55 plate Mondeo and have managed to lose both keys. The doors and boot are unlocked but once opened set off the alarm. I have a couple of questions;
* does this imply the key may be somewhere in the car itself; I have looked obviously but it could be in a nook or cranny somewhere
* if I can't find the key, what are my options?
Neil Wilson
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Neil good morning to you
Ok this doesn't imply that the key is inside the vehicle as this is not a keyless system thus the system wouldn't know a key was inside the vehicle
Ok the only way forward is to have 2 new keys cut and coded to the vehicle using diagnostic equipment
Ideally you should have the key number (a 6digit number -depth of cuts in key )
If you don't have this you will need to either have a lock stripped down to get the correct number or there are locksmith /auto electrician companies that provide a mobile service online where by they will come out to your vehicle and read a lock and supply&cut and then code the keys for you on site this saves you towing or recovering the vehicle to a garage and is something a lot of people use in this circumstance Neil
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Neil please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** i find the key number?
Hi Neil
Ok the key number shod be in the service booklet folder
It's a small sticker that should be stuck to the inside of one if the service manuals or card inside the pack or sometimes a small plastic tag has it imprinted on it
To be honest Neil I very rarely see these where they should be as when I prep a new car I make sure this information is all there some people don't bother
Also if it's not there and you know who sold the vehicle from new this deajers should have this information on there systems
If not you are left with either removing and stripping a lock or more preferably calling a local lock smith /auto electrician to come out to you and do this on site
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE