Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Hi I've got a ford puma and twice in 4 weeks I've had to

I've got a ford puma and twice in 4 weeks I've had to call the aa out they changed fuse 31 and said it's the fuel pump but reading online it's doesn't seem to be the case, any idea what it could be
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you
Ok what actually happened to call the AA ie was the vehicle just turning over and not firing up
Or not cranking over at all
Are we certain it was fuse 31(green 30 amp fuse in the battery fuse box
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It turned over but didn't fire up and the fuse was 31 pink 10 amp
Hi there thanks
Ok do you have your registration number there so I can have a look through the wiring diagrams to confirm which system this fuse runs. And get back to you
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YC51 ZTX
Hi there thanks
I just had to clarify the setup as we don't see many 1.6 pumas
Ok fuse 31 is a 10 amp fuse which runs power through the fuel pump relay and then through the fuel cut off switch and then into the fuel pump
The feed also splices off to the PCM to tell the PCM the fuel pump is active
If fuse 31 is blowing it is either the fuel pump shorting out or a wiring issue (shorting to ground )
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE