Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My car is a 57 plate for d fiesta diesel . I broke down and

My car is a 57 plate for d fiesta diesel . I broke down and the engine warning
Light came on. The rac bloke said it was showing a piston fault and i went to the garage they said it was an intermittent piston fault but could not get car to misbehave so suggested a full service which i have had done but its getting more frequent. I drive and the car starts juddering and then the engine management light comes on and i can drive at reduced speed. Makes no difference speed, engine temp or any link ad far as i can see. When idling the rev counter sits at just below 1000 but judders and the needle drops down and then back up. Any ideas i have tried redex there dont appear to be any loose leads. Please any suggestions welcome
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you
Ok the most common and likely issue is a shorted out injector
This logs a fault code relating to injector open circuit in the affected cylinder
The fault always lies with the injector and never the wiring
The first thing that must be done is to clarify the exact fault code which is logged as this is imperative to correctly diagnosing this issue as mis diagnosis if this tdci system can be costly
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian