sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

My ford Mondeo titainium 59 plate, airbag light stays on and

My ford Mondeo titainium 59 plate, airbag light stays on and a diagnostic test show b1126 deployment loop open what parts is require
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I hope I can be of assistance.
Do you have the next part of the code such as 11, 12, 13, 19, 1A or 55?
You need this to help pinpoint the cause, I suspect it will be 13 as you say loop open (open circuit). Do you have the chassis number? So I can obtain the correct details.
Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Don't have next part of code.

Vin/Chassis/FrameNo. WFOEXXGBBE9P78510

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,
without the other part of the code it makes it more difficult to diagnose but as you mention loop open we'll take this as it means open circuit.
The code B1126 13 is driver side air bag open circuit or high resistance. Ideally to diagnose this you need a simulator to take the place of the side air bag but if you don't have one then all you can do is check the wiring between the restraint control module and the driver side air bag. The restraint module is under the centre console, you may be able to get to the wiring by removing the cup holder otherwise the console needs removing.
Pin 19 of the connector C3R114 (grey/yellow wire) of the control module goes to pin 6 of the under seat connector. Pin 20 (green/blue wire) of the module goes to 5 of the under seat connector. If the wiring checks out then the fault is either in the control module or side air bag. To check the air bag requires IDS for the digital multi meter Ford say don't use any other multi meter as this could detonate the air bag, the resistance of the air bag should be between 2 and 3 Ohms on IDS.
I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.