Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

i have a ford focus 1.8 zetec with a interment problem when

i have a ford focus 1.8 zetec with a interment problem when i slow down the engine cuts out and then the speedometer stops working for the next 3..4 minutes
Hi there ,good evening to you
Ok the fault lies with the electronic speed sensor (this is fitted /slides into the gearbox )
This is a common issue on the mk1 1.8 zetec focus and causes your exact symptoms
When replacing this speed sensor always fit a new roll pin (securing pin) as the old one gets damaged on removal
This can be quite a tricky job as the sensor is usually seized into the gearbox on the rubber O ring of the sensor
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian