Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 04 plate Mondeo ghia x with the rear nearside door

I have a 04 plate Mondeo ghia x with the rear nearside door jammed shut. The child lock is on and the inner and outside door handles are not releasing the mechanism. All the other locks are activating via the central locking / keyfob except this one.
Is there a quick fix. I've tried wd40 down the window seals and the usual coat hanger.All the fuses are ok
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The issue is caused by a failure of the door lock actuator inside of that door. This is not a easy fix and requires the door panel to be removed in order to replace. This will need to be done by a shop that has done this type of work before to prevent damage to the door panel.