Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I own 2008 S-max Titanium. It is a Duratorq 2.0 TDCI 130 PS,

I own 2008 S-max Titanium. It is a Duratorq 2.0 TDCI 130 PS, Engine type AZWA. I decided to replace its ECU with new one because of various problems in the past.
The ECU's original part number is ***** (SID206 5WS40593F-T, EU8G). The replacement is 6U71-12A650KB-KB (SID206 5WS40508B-T), built in 2013. The person who sold the replacement insisted they are compatible. However I find 6U7112A650KB is the ECU for QXWA QXWB QXWC and they are 103KW, whilst mine is AZWA that is 96W. Would it be all right as is if I just replace ECUs, or should I go through other procedure like ECU reflashing? Please be noted I live in a foreign country and technical resource here is limited. Thank you so much for your time and help in advance.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you sorry for the delay
Ok this module will be ok to programme to your s-max
The part number 7g91-12a650-zh of this pcm has been changed many times over the years and is on the list of superseded numbers
The part number 6u71-12a650 -kb Aldo comes up on this list as a 130 BHP 2.0tdci s-max
So the module will be fine to programme in using the data from the old one
This will also need to be programmed to the Immobilsor system using either fords ids software or similar diagnostic equipment
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian