Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

1996 ford fiesta ghia auto when starting particularly first

1996 ford fiesta ghia auto when starting particularly first thing it always starts but then cuts
out eventually going after 2 0r 3 attempts. have had new plugs and leads, new coil and new
speed sensor fitted but still the problem exists . would appreciate any advice you can offer
many thanks Genny
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Mike :

Hello and Welcome...

Mike :

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise on this -

Mike :

By far - the most common issue with these symptoms on these models, was a faulty connection to - or a faulty crank shaft sensor..

Mike :

This sensor is located above the starter motor on the front of the engine - its held to the block by one small Torx bolt and is easily changed... Check the connection to it first though - its in a a place where its easily soiled from the weather - road etc.. disconnect the plug to it to check inside... Try a clean with a spray cleaner... a contact / switch cleaner ( NOT wd40 as thats an oil )... and see how it is then.. if that cures it great - if not - I would suggest to renew that sensor in the abscence of any fault codes / lights etc ... again - its easy to do - they are not expensive as a part..and that should cure that given what you have outlined.

Mike :

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.