sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

Hello, I have recently had airbag warning light come on

I have recently had airbag warning light come on was intermittent (not flashing) now comes on “most of the time” and stays on. My Local garage said fault code is (B1998 passenger side, side mount airbag circuit open ) any ideas?
P.D
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following assists you. This was a common concern on the Focus and is usually due to a poor connection at the underseat connector or the airbag control module. The underseat connector can be disconnected without removing the seat. To access the airbag module requires the center console to be removed as it bolts to the floor under this. Ford issued a technical bulletin regarding this as I said it was common, below is a link for a copy of the TSB. https://www.dropbox.com/s/lt8t61qq90zs2f9/FordEtis%20-%20TECHNICAL%20SERVICE%20BULLETIN%C2%A0%2039_2008.pdf?dl=0 Let me know if I can assist further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to. Best wishes, Sean.