sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

Hello, my name is***** have an 09 Focus auto Titanium and

Hello, my name is***** have an 09 Focus auto Titanium and I am getting the red 'I' message information indicator with the warning light and audio chime coming on frequently, mostly after turning left. I recently had the low tyre pressure on that rear and am aware that I had amber warnings from the garage on brakes and suspension brushes. However, the garage had indicated that it shouldn't have been a problem yet. I am in France now and had hoped to get back to UK to get the work done, but as the chime is quite frequent I am a bit nervous.
I have tried the car's message menu, but it says there is no message there. My question is 'at a French Ford garage, has this model got computer diagnostics, so that they would be able to tell me straight away what the problem is? Or would they have to inspect everything?'
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
If the red "I" symbol illuminates when driving then there is usually a message shown along with it. Even if the "I" refers to a very low temperature outside this is still accompanied by the yellow or red snowflake in the instrument cluster.
The car does have computer diagnostics via it's 16 pin DLC and any fault will have caused a DTC to be stored in the relevant system control module.
Obviously the diagnostic depends on the equipment used, FORD IDS will be the best to use as this can communicate with all the modules on the car.
I hope this helps but if you have ore questions regarding this let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.