Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi I have a 2005 ford mondeo 2 lt tdci after hitting a curb

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2005 ford mondeo 2 lt tdci after hitting a curb on the drivers rear I have found that the drivers wheel points out at the the top and the passager wheel points in I have had it checked and can't find any problems with bushes sub frame or anything else can anyone help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

I suspect that you may have bent the lower wishbone

if you carefully measure the length of the lower wishbone between its mounts and compare this measurement to the other side, this will show if this is the issue or not
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If that is the case I would have to have bent both wishbones as both wheels aren't straight I think it is highly unlikely but will check
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

OK if the wishbone is OK and not bent then you must have shifted the entire subframe on its mounts

there are 4 big bolts that secure the subframe from the underside

undo all of these and I'd withdraw one or two completely to check for straightness

replace any bent items you find and you may need to have hte car set up on a dealers set up jig to ensure its all square and true