Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

MONDEO EDGE TDCI 100 Diesel estate. Adam.

Customer Question

In the last couple of days the car has developed a problem. Driving on the motorway at 70mph went to accelerate the car did not react no power for about 30seconds, happened a couple of times. The next day on motorway nothing for 70 miles and then same problem. Later that day on return journey happened 5 or 6 times. Problem was a lot worse going up hill almost felt like it was kangarooing
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you sorry for the delay
Ok what engine size is fitted to your vehicle is 1.8tdci
What is the mileage of the vehicle
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1800tdci 186000 miles

Hi there thanks
Ok the most common and likely issue is a partially blocked fuel filter this is common in the1.8tdci and is easily overlooked
When the filter becomes partially blocked is restricts the flow of fuel to the fuel pump (more noticeable on acceleration ie overtaking ) as you are demanding more fuel
The filters should be replaced every 37,500 miles but I have seen them become blocked a lot earlier
This would be the first port of call with your type of issue
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian