sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

Afternoon Sean, With regards ***** ***** code P2119 (eac failure)

Customer Question

Afternoon Sean,
With regards ***** ***** code P2119 (eac failure) what other TSB's are available regarding this issue?
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, thanks for your question. Is this a Fiesta? What TSB do you have? Have you the chassis number of the car? Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes the car is a fiesta, chassis number WF0HXXWPJH3K13051, the two TSB's that I'm aware of are 76/2003 and 75/2007.
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,
the only TSBs that relate to P2119 on the Fiesta are the 2 you mention. If P2119 is by itself and given the age of the car it's likely to be a PCM calibration issue. If the calibration is as up to date as available and the ETB and loom are new then this would suggest a PCM pin grip issue.
I've never had to replace the PCM for P2119 alone.
The only other point is SSM 21156 issued effective 17/12/09 which states
"21156 - MY 2002.25 FIESTA/FUSION - LOSS OF POWER, DISPLAYED IN INSTRUMENT CLUSTER
SHOULD A CUSTOMER COMPLAIN OF THE ABOVE CONCERN AND DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES P2135, P2119, P2176 INDICATED, ENSURE YOU REFER TO TSB 76/03. ADDITIONALLY CONSIDER TRYING A KNOWN GOOD BATTERY FULLY CHARGED OF LESS THAN TWO YEARS OLD BEFORE REPLACING ANY PARTS. PLEASE ALSO BE AWARE THAT THERE ARE SOME SUPPLY CONSTRAINTS FOR THROTTLE BODY.
EFFECTIVE DATE:17/12/2009"
Let me know if I can provide further information regarding this.
Best wishes,
Sean.