Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi, I've just bought a Transit Connect 05 Plate - Petrol /

Customer Question

Hi, I've just bought a Transit Connect 05 Plate - Petrol / LPG 1.8L.
When I switch it from petrol to LPG the green LPG light flashes for a few seconds while it changes over - then stay's lit for about 5 minutes - then starts flashing again permanently.
The vehicle runs perfectly, no problems driving it at all. Just a flashing light.
What should I do..
Regards.
Paul..
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Paul,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Paul and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

The light that you have there Paul is telling you that there is a fault somewhereon the system - it is though, at this stage , impossible to say just where...espeically as its running ok otherwise.

The fact that it does run ok, means its nothing major - nothing serious to worry about - its not anything affecting pressures and so on ...but its likely to be a sensor or such like. It can even be, a bad connection to any such sensor / component - wiring issues and so on - The Ecu that has overall control will "see" any such faults and flash the light to tell you - Im strict answer to what you need to do now , as you ask, you need to have it plugged in to a suitable diagnostic machine.. This will connect to the Ecu / Pcm ( module ) which will have logged a fault code for this fault. With that code / codes, that tells the tech where the fault is , be it as above or even a component fault - then it can be attended too - properly to get it fixed properly for you.

So thats the way to get this sorted for you Paul..

Im guessing you don't have the necessary equipment - most owners don't... A lot of smaller type garages have the machine needed to do as above for you as of course do all dealers ( Ford ) to get this done for you.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.