Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

How do I get the Radio Code after battery has been Disconnected?

Many thanks Ray
PS 2001 Ghia Hatchback
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Ray good evening to you
Ok I will need the serial number from the unit to generate your code
You can try pressing and holding 1&6 or 2&6 on the radio as some units have the function to display the serial number
It will look like this is m076597 or v045763
If the number doesn't come up the audio unit needs to be removed in order to access the serial number
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you do I have to get radio removed from car to get this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will get back to you car in garage.

Hi there Ray good evening to you and Sorry for the delay
Ok you will need radio pins to pop the unit out so we can get the serial number in order to generate your code
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help,however I had to pay my garage,to do as you said to remove radio.so it has turned out to be an expensive experience! I have had to resort to other means to get code

Ray Earl

Hi Ray
Iam sorry I couldn't generate your code as I said the vin isn't the key to generating the code it is the serial number in this case
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Ray
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE