Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Hi there. I have a late 2008 Focus Titanium. I had problems

Hi there. I have a late 2008 Focus Titanium. I had problems with the dash display staying on after leaving the car, so draining the battery which set off the alarm and compounding the problem. I have been advised that this happened because the microprocessor in the stereo/satnav had 'blown', the stereo was now scrap and this is a common problem for that model. I trust the mechanic but know he went to a specialist over this issue. Is this a common problem and, is the unit beyond repair? Many thanks, Dave.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Dave good evening to you
Ok did removing the audio unit solve the battety drain /dash staying alive
Does the vehicle have Bluetooth
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Brian.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the problem has gone since the unit was removed but, no, we didn't have Bluetooth.

Kind regards,

Dave.

Hi Dave sorry for the delayed response I've been having connection issues
Ok the reason the cluster does not shut down (staying awake ) is that one of the vehicles modules on either the mid speed or high speed CAN bus (2 wiredata network )is staying awake and keeping the full can bus alive As the cluster is the gateway /handshake between the high and mid speed CAN
The audio unit which is our fault is in the mid speed can bus and internally doesn't shut down (go to sleep )causing the can network to stay alive
This is not a common fault as such but is one of many modules that can keep the can network alive
Some audio specialists may be able to resolve the issue(not something I have had done personally )
but in my dealership we would replace the unit with either a new one or more commonly a reconditioned unit
Your old one for a recon one (you would need to check the prices on this procedure )
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, Brian.

Couldn't ask for more. Will certainly use your service again ('though would be bad news if I had to :-()

Cheers,

Dave.