Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Transit connect hesitates when accelerating trys to hold

Customer Question

My Transit connect hesitates when accelerating trys to hold back
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Are there any warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have the engine management light on and I have had it checked out by PK Automotive they say it states ECR Valve sticking, but this should not cause the problem, the light has been on for about 2 months. This all started about 2 weeks ago when one day it would not start the RAC used easy start and had it recovered to one of their garage outlets they have done all the work 2 weeks later I have the van back and it know has this problem until now the van was perfect. PK Autos are at a loss £650 labour charge and the van seems to be getting worse, last night I drove up a large hill when I put the power on it shook/jerked like mad then the Multi mal-function light came on I also notice that I have covered about 180 miles to a full fuel tank PK Autos are at a loss so am I?

Do you know what fuel pressure the vehicle is getting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks I have it sorted sticking EGR valve, cleaned it all ok

Great. I'm glad you got the issue resolved. Thank you.