Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Hi, got no full beam on my mk6. Swapped bulbs fuses relays

Customer Question

Hi, got no full beam on my mk6. Swapped bulbs fuses relays and even stalk. Still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still waiting,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would like to know what I get for my money?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise - Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question -

I see that you have changed / done what you have - were there any faults with anything? bulbs / fuses etc?

Have you checked for power at the bulbs?

Too - have you had a proper plug in test done at all ?

Rgds, MIKE...................................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Mike. No faults in anything. Not tried the power at bulbs yet. Don't know if relevant, but it's an ex police vehicle. Could they have done something on de-commission?

Cheers Shane

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again -

Thank you for your reply -

Ok well yes - its very possible its connected to it being an ex police car- because they have a flashing replay device that is connected to flash the headlights - either together or intermittently - you've' seen them do that ..? ... So yes- I would certainly be looking down that line. Unfortunately, each installer will fit such a device wherever he pleases - so you will have to hunt it down..or, if its been removed as I would suspect, the "trailing wires" that have been left off. Usually such will be fitted in the engine bay - away from heat - so check there first - but if not there - up under the dash. If you cant find it pretty easy even knowing now what you are looking for, you would have to check the wires for continuity from the switch through to the lights... but yes - thats the most likely scenario / problem you have there Shane. Let me know how you get on.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.