Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

55 reg transit.switch ignition switch to pos-1 mileage shows

55 reg transit.switch ignition switch to pos-1 mileage shows on dash.switch to pos-2 mileage goes off start engine mileage doesnt show and rev counter and speedo dont work ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
This issue is a failure to the speed sensor for the gear box which when failing causes the issue that you are having. As a next step the input and output speed sensors need to be ohm tested.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

sensors on gearbox tested and are ok wiring from gearbox to multiplug in engine compartment tested for continuity and ok any thing else i can do ?

Dave

The next step is to have the ecu itself tested for proper communication.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike have got an email from ford showing 2 sensors on box -input and output sensors both on nearside of box close together my box has one sensor at output of box ie propshaft end and one sensor on bellhousing offside which i assume picks up signal from flywheel no other sensor on box?

These would be the only sensors on the gear box, i believe the next step is to have the ecu tested.