Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I fancy a used Focus C-Max 1.6 Auto but have heard they suffer

Customer Question

I fancy a used Focus C-Max 1.6 Auto but have heard they suffer from a lot of gearbox problems and limp-mode indications - what are the facts her?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

there are 2 types of auto box the regular automatic and the CVT unit

the CVT unit is the one to avoid as this had all sorts of gear selection and drive issues as it got older as it wasn't up to the torque of the diesel engine , whereas the regular auto is fine

the CVT cars where known as durashift
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
hi

do you still need help ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nice simple answer, just what I wanted. I'll avoid the CTV versions

Thanks Mate, well satisfied.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Glad to have helped

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you press accept at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please press accept.

If you don't press accept then you can use the cash at a later date to ask another question.