Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 3 and 8 months years old Grand C Max Titanium is in a garage

My 3 and 8 months years old Grand C Max Titanium is in a garage in France: one injector needs replacing for around €600 including VAT.
How do I know that it is just the filter that is clogged up and only need changing?
I have since found out that I made the mistake using cheap diesel. I wish Ford warned me about it right from the start. I bought it for £18,000 at 3 months old, from the Ford Dagenham Garage in Edgware, North London. T'was a demonstration car hence its 6000 miles on the clock at the time of purchase.
It now has 35,000 miles and regularly serviced.
Yours, stuck in Normandy, Siska
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
hello

a clogged filter is very possible especially if there was any water in the fuel

so I'd agree that this should be changed 1st

if that doesn't help then yes its possible that an injector has been damaged / clogged

somethimes they can be recovered by an injector test machine that ultrasonically vibrates the unit whilst flowing cleaning fluid through it

but often replacement with the required - recoding work for the ECU is the next course of action
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years