Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi Mike transit 2007 2.2 85ps had it plugged in and was told

Hi Mike transit 2007 2.2 85ps had it plugged in and was told the Egrv was to blame for loss of power whilst driving, sometimes the engine will not rec through th power bands even with the clutch dumped , I've changed the egrv and the problem still exists. Somedays are worse than others. It does feel like fuel starvation. Any ideas please . Tim
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question.
The issue that you are describing is a fairly common fault. The mass air flow sensor is likely failing, the mass air flow is responsible for measuring the air/fuel ratio to the engine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The mass flow reg is this the one on the air intake pipe .? This was cleaned initially and has been swooped also . Is
Yes this is the one. If this has been cleared I would suggest having the fuel injectors balance tested which will show if one of the injectors is falling below specs.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The vehicle has only done 80 k , would that be normal . And why would the EGRV come up as a fault when plugged in . I don't understand . Is it likely to be the fuel pressure release valve on the rail . Would this cause the same fault/ symptoms ? And would that cause the plug diagnostics to keep showing the Egrv as a problem. The valve fitted was an OE component. Tearing my hair out with this one. Thanks
The fuel pressure valve and the fuel injectors will set the egr fault on this vehicle. The pressure valve rarely fails, however the injectors can fail at any mileage, it is for sure a fuel problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it best to simply replace the injector heads then ? As in all of them. As it would seem costly to have the pressure tested . Injectors I'm sure are not that expensive ? I do use injector cleaner regularly so I assume it's not a blockage ?
One of the injectors would be electrically failing and most people do opt to replace all at one time, it would not be a bad idea.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok final question I hope is this why the problem is of a random nature and is progressively getting worse then ?
Yes that is correct, the injector has not failed but is in the process.