Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My car, Ford Mondeo 1.8TDCi Zetec estate, has two electrical

My car, Ford Mondeo 1.8TDCi Zetec estate, has two electrical problems (which may or may not be connected)
1. - rear o/s tail lights (2), rear o/s fog light and the front o/s side light not working (all bulbs tested & OK)
- All other lights are working
- the rear o/s brake light part of the brake/tail is working.
2. -With car running, the ABS warning lamp and the ESP warning lamp are staying on.
Phil
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you
Ok the faults are unrelated
The first fault has most commonly been caused by a short/open circuit in the o/s side light system
Basically there is no fuses for these bulbs anymore
Ie if you install the wrong bulb to any of these holders then the BCMII (body control module ) shuts the full side off front and rear inmost cases even when throught bulb/s have been refitted the system needs to reset using fords ids software as this is a very clever system (ie no fuses are used ) basically a computer sensing a short or open circuitry
The ESP/ABS faut will be most commonly be down to corroded wiring at the passengers rear abs wiring (this will be fault code pending ) but this wiring is very prone to water ingress at or aroundtje joining multiplug
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice Evening
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks very much for your expertise, excellent service, but you mentioned the "passengers rear abs wiring", can you tell me where that is please.

Phil

Hi phil sorry for the delay
Ok the most common fault in the earlier mk4 Mondeos in regards to ABS /ESP light concerns is corrision of the wiring at the passengers rear abs wiring multiplug connection area
This is located underneath the vehicle clipped to the body
Ideally you should have a diagnostic fault code check done on the abs module to verify what fault code is logged
As sometimes the front abs wiring is the isdue as well but most commonly the passengers rear wiring is the cause
Regards ***** *****
Brian