Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

ford f150 lightning not fueling properly it wont rev up unless

Customer Question

ford f150 lightning not fueling properly it wont rev up unless you spray carb cleaner or fuel into intake
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
What normally causes this issue on these vehicles is the crankshaft position sensor, this also normally does not set any trouble codes. The first step is to have the crank sensor OHM tested. This is a common problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi mike thats been tested it was fine the only thing we can think of is the ecu you could have gone down because last winter i had a big water leek around windscreen which filled up the fuse box with water we replace window and fuse box but could have damaged the ecu there seem to be a lot of reconditioned ecu s on ebay america which could suggest it is a common fault only just found this out what do you think, regards vince

Yes I believe that is what is going on here since the sensor passed. The ecu is not communicating with the vehicle and causing the issue, this is a common issue on these vehicles.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks for your advice, we have now located a garage to assist with the issue, regards Vince

No problem, thank you. You can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further help.