Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My windscreen wipers started working all on their own after

Customer Question

My windscreen wipers started working all on their own after the car had been switched off for 3 hours, the key was not in the car and they weren't working properly but juddering across the screen not at normal speed and the interior light kept flickering. It stopped when the wiper switch is turned on, for a few minutes then starts again. All is normal when ignition on and car is running.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you
Ok the fault lies with the GEMmodule/fuse box
This is the fuse box on the passengers footwell
The fault lies with corrosion on the circuit board due to moisture /water ingress leaking /being blown from the heater box
This Causes moisture droplets from the air con evaporator to track down the wiring loom to the gem module
If you remove the gem and remove the Multiplugs and inspect the pins for corrosion
It is more common for the corrosion to be in the large green plug and the small black plug
The only fix is to install a new GEMmodule
These are around £200 and need to be programmed by fords ids laptop
if you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
if you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Hi there good evening to you
How did you get in with this issue regarding my advice
Regards ***** *****
Brian