Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Ford Transit 2005 with 2.0 L Duratorq engine. Thought the engine

Ford Transit 2005 with 2.0 L Duratorq engine. Thought the engine was noisier than usual this afternoon, but ran o.k. When I went out this evening it was definitely noisier and power was dropping. Finally would not accelerate at all and produced lots of smoke. Now will start but will not rev at all, foot down on accelerator makes no difference just remains on tickover. Had to abandon it in the dark, so some advice would before I go back to try to sort it in the morning. Thanks, Mark.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Did any type of warning lights come on?
Also what color was the smoke?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't notice any warning lights.

The smoke appeared white, but that was seen through the mirrors, lit by the lights of a car behind.

I plan to return to the van when it's light, so any advice on what to look for will be greatly appreciated. I'm self-employed and my business depends on this van.

Many thanks,

Mark.

P.S. Been looking for how to leave feedback, but haven't found it yet.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've been back to try to start it this morning. Turns over and sounds as if it's going to start (rather lumpily) but once it is no longer assisted by the starter motor it quickly dies.

The smoke from the exhaust is grey, and I'm only seeing the usual warning lights on start-up.

Thanks & regards,

Mark.

Ok what this issue sounds like is the vehicle has likely jumped time and the camshaft and crankshaft is not in sequence. The first step needs to be having the timing checked to ensure everything is intact.