sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

I have a mk 7 twin wheel transit 2.2 16 seater mini bus on

Customer Question

I have a mk 7 twin wheel transit 2.2 16 seater mini bus on a 12 plate.i keep getting brake light coming up on dash,so yestedat sunday 16 November I change pads and put a new lead in ,drive down the road and everything was fine,use bus Monday morning touch brake pedal and the light back on.switch engfing of and re started light was of than touch brakes again on back on
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
If you refer to the brake pad warning light and all the pads are good (front and rear) then there is an open circuit in the wiring to the pad sensors. The wire for the pads runs from the instrument cluster through the rear brake pad then through the front brake pad and to earth. When this wire breaks and becomes open circuit the cluster illuminates the pad warning.
Check the pad wire connectors are a good contact as sometimes the connectors don't fully engage due to dirt.
Other than this it is a case of tracing the open circuit, 95% of the time the wiring has become damaged or corroded close to the rear axle where is comes from the body, it's a case of opening the loom and bridging the wires to narrow down where the break is.
Let me know if I can advise further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.