sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

can you tell me why my ford fiesta keeps blowing fuses on my

can you tell me why my ford fiesta keeps blowing fuses on my starter motors when i turn the ignition key on
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope I can assist with this.
What year Fiesta is this? As it's an 1100 is it a 1989 to 1996 model? Which fuses are blowing? Do they only blow when you turn the ignition key to position III?
Let me know and I'll give further information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well its just as i said i try and start the car with the ignition key and its blows a fuse 15 amps it dont click the motor it just sounds nothing

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
What year is the car? Which number fuse blows?
Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its 1998 and its 15amps it blows

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
yes I'm aware it's a 15 amp fuse that blows but what number in the fuse box is it? Or what position in the fuse box? Also is it the fuse box under the bonnet or in the car?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its a 1998 and its the 15amps fuse that keeps blowing

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello again.
We seem to have a misunderstanding. The car has 2 fuse boxes each of which has many fuses including several 15 amp fuses. Which fuse box is the blown fuse in? Each fuse has a number on the fuse box lid there are 20 plus fuses in the car and 18 fuses under the bonnet. I need to know the position of the fuse to determine which system it powers.
Is it in the car? If so is it the top or bottom row? How many along from the left?
If under the bonnet is it in the 5 large fuses or in the other row, if so how many down is it?
Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its number 27 under the bonnet

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
fuse 27 according to the information I have is a 10 amp fuse and is for the Oxygen sensor heater so I suspect it's fuse 28 which is a 15 amp fuse and is used for the immobiliser system, A.C if fitted and engine management.
If the car doesn't have A.C then obviously this part can be disregarded.
Start by disconnecting the immobiliser transceiver on the steering column, remove the fan relay and removing the fuel pump relay, disconnect the VSS and canister purge solenoid, switch the ignition on and see if the fuse blows (the car won't start) if it doesn't blow then fit each relay first to see if the fuse blows. Also with the relays out, components and transceiver disconnected check for continuity to earth on the component side of the fuse with the fuse out, if there is a short to earth this will be a wiring fault.
This will be a little difficult to find as the fuse feeds quite a few circuits.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Regards,
Sean.
sean, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Master Technician.