sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

my 20002 fusion 2 central locking is playing up the key will

Customer Question

my 20002 fusion 2 central locking is playing up the key will unlock but not lock the system .the door dashboard light is always on even though all doors are closed . and the key willonly operate the central locking mechanism fromthe passenger door , i suspect a problem with the drivers door..kevin
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
If a door is detected as open which given the door ajar light is on it is been detected the locking system won't operate correctly.
You need to determine which door is giving the open signal. Each door motor contains a switch that opens and breaks a circuit to show the locking control module (GEM) which doors are open.
To help determine which door is giving the problem you can check the door signals to the GEM by a self test procedure.
Activate service mode
Proceed as follows to activate service mode:
OPERATE the switch of the heated rear window and HOLD IT THERE
Turn on the ignition.
RELEASE the switch of the heated rear window
PRESS the heated rear window switch 8 times within 6 seconds
A signal sounds and the direction indicator lamps come on to indicate that service mode has been successfully activated.
NOTE: If the alarm sounds (in vehicles fitted with an anti-theft alarm system), service mode cannot be activated.
Input signals
SWITCH the wiper switch to the "Off" position to test the input signals. The following is a list of the signals to be tested, in no particular order:
Direction indicators (right, left, hazard warning lights)
"Lights on" warning (terminal 58)
windshield wiper (intermittent wipe)
windshield washer system
rear window wiper
rear window washer system
Doors open/closed
Central locking (if fitted)
Bonnet up/down (in vehicles fitted with anti-theft alarm system)
Heated rear window
Heated windscreen (if fitted)
An acoustic signal sounds and the turn signal lamps flash to indicate receipt of each input signal by the generic electronic module.
If there is no signal when a door is operated this would confirm the door, replacing the motor/latch assembly on the affected door will resolve the problem.
Let me know if I can assist further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.