Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

fiesta mk7 going to france, do I need beam deflectors and if

Customer Question

fiesta mk7 going to france, do I need beam deflectors and if so where do they go?
many thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
hi there good evening to you ,sorry for the delay
Ok if your fiesta has xenon (High intensity discharge ) lights fitted you can flick the lever inside the headlight to change the beam pattern to European driving
If the vehicle has standard conventional headlights then you need to have two templates cut using black opaque tape (avaiable from ford ) and stuck to the headlight assemblies to change the beam pattern
The templates must be printed through the main ford site and its advised to be printed /measured and cut at your local dealer as they have the exact measurements
FIESTA HEADLAMP MASKING
The templates must be printed through the main ford site (by dealer)and its advised to be printed /measured and cut at your local dealer as they have the exact measurements and templates
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have standard lamps and I would like to know where to put the deflectors please.
Hi there
Ok the template/tape are stuck to the headlight however the templates must be printed off from your local dealer and then cut to specific measurements using the black opaque tape which you will need to order up at your parts department
There are two templates from instructions in the print out that need cut out
There is clear instructions/measurements on where to stick These two templates on the headlights to deflect the bra for european driving
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me where to place my beam deflectors please?
Hi there I have replied twice with the information you need
There is two specific parts of the headlight you need to stick the bean deflectors but you need to have the templates/cut outs and specific measurements of where to stick them printed out by your ford dealer
Meaning you need to go to ford to have these templates given to you with the information on how to measure and cut the beam deflector templates and stick them to the headlights
It is not as simple as just sticking tape to a headlight there is quite a bit involved to carry this procedure out
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Then you haven't answered my question. Can you tell me where to put the beam deflectors or not? If I am going to a ford dealer for the answer, you are not answering my question.
Thanks anyway.