Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi I need help with my Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.6 diesel 200

Customer Question

Hi I need help with my Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.6 diesel 2008.

Basically, what's been happening lately is that, when the engine is running, but the car is stationery, and if not used the accelerator for like 2-3 minutes, and then when pressing the accelator to move off (e.g from traffic lights) the car stalls, and you get the message "engine malfunction service now' with a yellow light on the dashboard-it's not the engine management light, but the other yellow one, with the exclamation mark, I think it might be the transmission light...

What happens then is that the car goes into limp mode (safe mode) and like half the power from the car is gone, and won't go past 3000 revs, but when I switch the engine off, take the key out, the car is back to normal..

The car has done 105,000 miles (motorway miles) and has no other problems whatsoever. Can drive the car for hours and miles (if foot doesn't come off throttle for more than 2-3 minutes)

I've read Ford fiesta forums, others have had similar problems, but no conclusion... some say, could be the throttle, some say egr valve, some say some sensor, etc..

Category: Ford