sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

hi i hav a 2010 fwd transit with 2.2 engine , alls been fine

Customer Question

hi i hav a 2010 fwd transit with 2.2 engine , alls been fine til tonight when after doin a job for a couple hours started van but it would not rev... got to limp mode i gess .. noticed temp gauge go`s straight to max when ignition is turned on ... when engine is cold ? any idea`s? thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.
If the temperature gauge goes straight to the red then the engine management will switch to limited running and if the gauge stays in the red it will cut the engine, this is a safety feature to try to prevent any possible engine damage.
Check the wiring to the cylinder head temperature sensor, the sensor sits between the vacuum pump and fuel pump, if it is ever removed it should be replaced, if it is disconnected the cooling fan should start again as a safety feature.
Start with checking the CHT circuit.
Let me know if you have more questions and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi yes it was the sensor , had to go before you messaged me back to make to ford dealers as a friend had to pick me up ... thanks ;)

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Glad you got it sorted.
Best regards,
Sean.