Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Ka has engine management light up. Have had it on a scanner,

Customer Question

My Ka has engine management light up. Have had it on a scanner, engineer got all lights to go out, then they came back on again. Runs rough. have changed crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor, problem still there. don't think computer is talking to sensors. scanner showed timing issues, inlet chamber, metering unit, lamber sensors. it seems to be bringing up every possible problem and it won't allow clearance. Ka is 2010 model with 27,000 mileage.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good morning to you
Iam sorry to hear your having such issues
Ok do you know if the codes p0340 and p0335 keep returning
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I don't. The person who 'plugged in' the car didn't mention any particular codes. It just seemed that everything came on, he reset so everything went out but it all came back on again. Car was bought as salvage, front end damaged - new bumper, new radiator, front end assembly, 'cut out' had come on, constantly indicating right, did procedure of ignition on, indicate left, leave it for a few seconds, indicate right, followed the book instructions, pump came on, engine started, thought all ok until damage was repaired, tried starting engine, engine management light came on, that was when it got put on scanner by engineer. Problems remain. because it brings up a timing issue, one suggestion is it had hopped a tooth on the belt, when engine is running it is okay until 2000rpm then problems, on tick-over it stutters, metering unit opens up and then returns back to low tick-over for a few seconds then revs up again and repeats this - up and down. have compared to another ka which is 09 plate. that runs at around 800-900 rpm on tick-over, steady as a rock, but 10 plate runs at around 600 rpm and tries to rev itself up.

Hi there ,good evening to you
Ok Ideally you want to get a note of the codes thAt return once cleared so we know were the sub issue lies
Before going any further
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK will aim to get the codes and come back to you.

No worries
Regards Brian