Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Hi, I've just purchased a 2011 Ford C-max 1.6tdci Titanium

Customer Question

I've just purchased a 2011 Ford C-max 1.6tdci Titanium (115PS) and overall I'm very pleased with the car. However, I noticed at idle (engine cold or warm) there is quite a bit if engine vibration creeping in to the cabin, gearbox etc. It's noticeable enough to feel it run through your body and car and more than I would expect. Once the throttle is down, it dissappears but at idle it's quite annoying.
The car was purchased from a reputable Ford dealer, looks well serviced and cared for (3700 thousand miles after 3 years of ownership).
Any advise on how I may address this issue or if it is something I just have to live with in a diesel car?
Thanks in advance
Ronan
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Ronan good evening to you
Ok you will always feel a slight vibration on diesel vehicles more so if you have had a petrol Varient previously
Obivously I can't pyshically feel the vibration to see if it would be classed as anything to cause concern
Things that can cause such an issue are most commonly a worn dual mass flywheel this dampens the vibrations from the engine to the transmission which if it becomes work it can transmit to trough the vehicle and sometimes causes a clutch pedal vibration as well
If you are in any doubt ronan and want peace of mind I would take this to your local dealer and ask the master technician to come out and feel your concern
This would be covered under fords 3 year /60,000 mile warranty
I can check your vehicles warrabty expiry if you wish
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue ronan please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening and merry Christmas
any positive feedback or bonuses are greatly appreciated
Brian