Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi Sean have just changed rear door on my 96. mondeo. but lock wires are a different colou

Customer Question

Hi Sean have just changed rear door on my 96. mondeo. but lock wires are a different colour ie: (yellow)..(yellow & black)..(yellow & white). Which one for ground and locking posotive ect.
Wiring harness is (black)..(white & green)..(yellow & black)
Please help mike.
help....mike.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Mike,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello Mike,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Hello Mike,
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I'm sorry you haven't had an answer sooner, it's because of the festive season a lot of experts are off line. Do you still need information for this? If so do you have the chassis number? So I can obtain the correct wiring details. Is the door from a similar year car?

Let me know, thanks.