carlday1
carlday1, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a Sony CDX-T69 CD Changer and want to know if this is

Customer Question

I have a Sony CDX-T69 CD Changer and want to know if this is compatible with a 2010 2.0l Ford Mondeo with the factory fitted 6000CD audio unit.
The CD changer has been used with two previous Mondeos, 1997 R reg and 2003 53 reg, which both had the original audio units. The latter was the same 6000CD unit, albeit an earlier model with less channels and no 'auxiliary in' facility.
A 'Connects 2' AFOS003 converter has been used to link the audio units to the CD changer in both earlier cars. Unfortunately, I do not have the cable that connected the audio unit to the Connects 2 unit.
The auto electrician that fitted the changer to the previous vehicles is no longer available. I have asked the service department at a Ford dealer, from whom I bought the first two cars, but the electrician told me that he had never seen a similar connection with factory fitted units before and clearly didn't believe that it had been done!
I have asked at a local Motor-World outlet who believed that it was possible and found a cable that was advertised as linking the two units. However,this turned out to have a slightly different fitting for the Connects2 unit. There was a suggestion that the Aux in facility may have to be used for the CD Changer which would be acceptable but I am struggling to get a definitive answer.
I would be grateful for any assistance.
Thanks,David
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello David,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I would like to continue with the query please.

Thanks, David

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

I would like to continue waiting please.

David

Hello David,
Thank you for getting back to me. We have Professionals online all the time, unfortunately they may not have the experience needed to assist you. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
HI David,
My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question it might take a couple of days to confirm as I need to look at the service information for the cd changer and your car to confirm wiring specs.
Do you have any cd changer cables in the car already if you do please could you send me a photo of the plug.
I will do my research and get back to you soon.
Carl
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your help. I have attached photos of the cable which has two audio leads and one power, both sides of the connects2 unit. The side that connects to the car audio has two rows of seven squares in the fitting. The fitting that MotorWorld found was different and, I think, had four rows. I hope that makes sense! I have the cd changer manual if there is anything in there that you might need?

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Sorry, I'm having problems attaching the photos but will send the0m asap

Thanks David

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Carl,

I'm sorry, I'm still having problems attaching the photos. Do you have an email address that I can send them to or can you help me with this please?

It's not a normal copy and paste option.

David

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi David,
Are you able to send me a PM message?
Carl
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry for the delayed response but I've only just picked up your reply.

Sorry, I don't know how to PM you through this website

David

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Could you email them to***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On their way! Your reply has just been posted.

Thanks very much for your patience

David

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Carl, I'm sorry but I've tried three times with photos copied into emails and as an MSWord doc from my personal and work emails but each one has been refused at your end. The last message detail is

*****@******.***
The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

The following organization rejected your message: mail.worcesterelectronicrepair.co.uk.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry I will check why it is not working. Could you use this email as this one is fine I used it today.
***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Carl,

sorry, I'm a bit confused as the status of the question is 'finished'. Are you still looking at this?

Thanks, David.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
HI David,
I am still looking at it for you, I have found a couple of items that i think will help I am waiting for confirmation.
Thank you for the email and the pictures.
Carl
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Carl, thanks very much. I appreciate your help.

David

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Carl, I have received this Just Answer email today, in German, is it in response to some of the checking that you've been doing?

Thanks, David

Liebe Kundin, Lieber Kunde,
ich hatte kürzlich die Gelegenheit, Sie bei Ihrer Frage in der Kategorie Ford zu unterstützen, die Sie auf JustAnswer gestellt hatten.

Ich wollte mich nur kurz melden, weil es mir wirklich Freude gemacht hat, Ihnen zu helfen. Gern bin ich auch in Zukunft wieder für Sie da.
Stellen Sie jetzt eine weitere Frage >

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
carlday1
Ihr Ford Experte

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Carl, I'm just wondering if you have been able to make any progress with this?

Thanks,

David

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Carl, it's almost 2 weeks since I've heard from you, are you still looking at this for me?