Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I've just bought a Transit

Customer Question

I've just bought a Transit (SL54OYA) 2.4 LWB HR van and the speedo & rev counter don't work. I was told it was a common problem and picked up a second hand cluster off E-Bay. Fitted it and the same problem still existed. Sent cluster away for repair to Cartronix in Waterlooville who said it had several faults on it. They repaired it and sent it back, but I still have the same fault, only the fuel gauge and warning lights work, no temp, speedo or rev counter! P.S. A friend looked at it who thought that it may now have a 2 litre engine in it instead of a 2.4 litre, but he wasn't sure. Haven't received the V5 back from DVLA yet and so haven't checked engine numbers etc. Thanks Rob XXXXXXX

Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Rob,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Shantel, yes I would still like an answer please.

Thank you, Rob.

Hello Rob,
Thank you for getting back to me. We have Professionals online all the time, unfortunately they may not have the experience needed to assist you. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Shantal,

Because I've had to wait so long for an answer that has never arrived, I've now had to book my Transit into the Ford Stone acre Garage at Monks Cross in York tomorrow morning for a full diagnostics.

Therefore if you could close my question and reverse / give me a full refund I would really appreciate it.

Thank you, ***** *****