Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My reversing lights and sensors are not working on a ford focus

Customer Question

My reversing lights and sensors are not working on a ford focus cc 2007. Is this a common fault and easily fixed?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Customer: Hi there good afternoon to you
Customer: the most common and likely fault is a faulty reverese light switch on the gearbox
Customer: this sends power to the reverese lights and reverse sebsors when reverse is selected
Customer: mid you dissconnect the 2 pin multiplug from the reverese light switch and use a spilt pin/kirby grip to touch the two puns of the multiplug together
Customer: if this brings the reverese lights on then you know the switch is the issue if not we need to look at the power into the switch
Customer: but it's most commonly the switch that fails
JACUSTOMER-za85nqza- :

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hi there good evening to you
I couldn't access the Q&A screen earlier and was stuck in chat mode
How did you get on with my advice
Regards Brian
Hi there ,good evening to you
How did you get on with the reverse light issue
Regards ***** *****
Brian