Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Changed battery on my ford fusion, lost the code /cd

Customer Question

Changed battery on my ford fusion, lost the code for Radio/cd player,how do I recover code?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you
Ok in order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unit
Most audio unit have a serial number self read function but into the unit
If you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number
The serial number will look like this - example
V015638 or M048725
If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediately
If the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit needs to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unit
redards Brian
Brian