Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

, I steam cleaned my engine on my mk.iv mondeo three days

Hi, I steam cleaned my engine on my mk.iv mondeo three days ago and since then the warning display and alarm on the dash display comes on every time I drive off telling me my bonnet is open. I have checked the bonnet is fully closed and locked down and also had the electrical plug attached to the lock apart,cleaned, dried and everything sprayed with WD40 to no avail. Can you help and is this catch controlled by a fuse and if so which one.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you
Ok the bonnet latch is supplied with an earth from the BCMii(body control module ) at pin 1 and when you close the bonnet the latch sends and earth out at pin 2 back to the BCMii to tell the BCMii the bonnet is closed (there is no fuses on the system )
If you dissconnect the multiplug from the bonnet latch and connect the two pins together and the message dissapears on the dash display this indicates the fault is internal of the bonnet latch
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian