Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I now own my first automatic car. It is A ford FIESTA AND

Customer Question

I now own my first automatic car. It is A ford FIESTA AND I am managing well but I have not had any help or explanation about the 'S' SETTING ON THE DISPLAY STRIP . IS THETRE SWOMEWHERE I can access simple explanation about when to use it..... especially as we are in the midst of an icy and snowy spell of weather.
SINCERELY, ***** ***** ( first time owner of a Ford car)
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Helen good evening to you
And I hope your enjoying your new fiesta
Ok the fiesta is now fitted with the all new PowerShift 6 speed dsp6 gearbox which is internally a 6 speed manual gearbox but is electronically controlled using 2 dry clutches
This system rules out any delay between gears like older auto boxes
Ok the S on the gear selector strip is for Sport mode
This mode enables you to manually change gears using the + and- buttons on the side of the gearstick
Basically allowing you to drive it a bit more aggressively before changing gears
The gearbox will still assist you if you forget to ie come down gears at a junction
when by the D is auto gear changing
This is for a more economical driving style is it will change gear around 2500 etc
Where as the sport mode allows you to change when you feel ready
Personally I prefer driving these powershifts using the Sport mode as although it's not economical it enhances the driving experience
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Helen please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian