Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford Focus 2009. Recently replaced the battery. Windscreen

Ford Focus 2009.
Recently replaced the battery.
Windscreen washer pump no longer works. Local garage (who regularly service the car) replaced pump but that didn't cure the problem.
They suggested taking it to a specialist autoelectrics firm. They diagnosed that the fusebox needed replacement (said there was damp in it) and it would cost £750.
Apart from the screen wash pump function, everything else in the car seems to be working.
Can you suggest any cheaper options to fix the problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you and sorry for the delay
am sorry your having such issues with your focus
Ok if there is dampness in the Gem/fuse box then it will have spread on the printed circuit board causing corrosion and therefore Bascially can't be repaired
The gem /fuse box is £373.47+ vat from ford (part number(###) ###-####
So £750 seems a bit expensive for replacing this
When replacing it it will Also need programmed in
Ok the cheapest option for you is to find a breakers that have a gem /fuse box avaiable for the sane spec of vehicle as yours ie zetec (same setup as heated front screen etc ) as its already programmed for these functions whereby a new one is blank
If you do this all you have to do is fit it to your vehicle and Recife your remote fobs to it (I can assist you with this also)
help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE