Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2002 Mondeo automatic. The locks switch on and off

I have a 2002 Mondeo automatic. The locks switch on and off at random, mostly in cold or wet weather and usually all 4 together . Less irritating the dial info switches back to default mode when I turn the ignition. not sure if these issues are related. the locks are the main problem
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long response.
From what you are describing this issue that you are having is consistent with a fault inside of the BCM {Body control module}. The control module will need to be reset using a diagnostic ford tool, if the module will not reset this will mean that the module will have to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

roughly how much to replace the BMC?

The labor will run about 1.5 and the part will be about 150 depending on where the purchase is made.